Step 1: Preparation
Before initiating the design process you should:
- Determine exactly where the wine cellar will be located.
- Establish the planned finished dimensions of your wine room, including ceiling height and location of your wine cooling system and wine cellar door.
- Estimate the number of bottles that you would like your wine cellar to hold.
- Decide if you will be designing a Vigilant Kit or Custom Wine Cellar.
- Choose the racking elements and features you want in your wine cellar.
Step 2: Initial Design Request
Once you have completed the steps above:
- Provide us with room dimensions, architectural drawings, or a hand-drawn floor plan of your wine cellar space with as many dimensional and storage details as possible.
- Complete a Design Request Form and submit that to our consultants with your floor plan.
- A design consultant will contact you to discuss the details of your project.
Step 3: Design and Proposal
Based on the information received from your submittals and consultation, the Vigilant Design Team will create a complimentary design and proposal for your review.
Larger more complex projects may require a design deposit to initiate the proposal and design process.
View sample 2d wine cellar designs
View sample 3d wine cellar designs
Step 4: Visit our Customer Project Center 24/7!
Your proposal and design will be posted to your own page in our Customer Project Center:
- Click and review the design and proposal on-line or print it out.
- Call or e-mail your Design Consultant with comments.
- E-mail or fax a marked up design to your Design Consultant.
Step5: Final Drawing
The initial design, in most cases, is complimentary. We ask for a project deposit on the final, or second design request. Additional design work is billed out at an hourly rate. Please contact your Vigilant sales consultant for more information.
- Decide whether you want to move forward with us on your wine cellar project.
- Provide your Design Consultant with a 50% Kit or 20% Custom Design Deposit (100% of which is credited towards your order) and discuss the revision details with your Design Consultant.
- A final design and proposal will be created and posted to your page on the Customer Project Center.
Step 6: Ordering
Once you are fully satisfied that the design and proposal perfectly fit your needs and you are ready to proceed:
- The drawings and proposal are signed.
- A Project Deposit is paid to put the job into production.
- Ask your Design Consultant about production lead times for our products.
Wine Cellar Construction Steps